Duration : 19 days
Difficulty Level : Streneous
Langtang Gosainkunda Lake Trek is in due the north of Kathmandu, the unspoiled, yet easily accessible Langtang and Ganesh ranges of the Nepal Himalaya include some of the kingdom’s most varied and rewarding trekking. This fabulous trek, a perfect combination of moderate and vigorous walk leading to the high alpine valley with the backdrop of high snow capped peaks, in the spring this place is alive with wild flowers. Become a pilgrim, and head to the shimmering sacred lakes at Gosainkund. Cross Laurabina Pass, (4,615 m), adjoining the Gosainkund and beautiful Sherpa village Helambu regions. At this higher altitude, the terrain will transform to arid alpine above tree line and the villages will become sparser. Descend on steep mountain trails high above the valley towards the last overnight camp at Chisopani near Kathmandu valley rim, a remarkable spot with beautiful scenery of the valleys in the back drop of snow capped peaks which ranges from Annapurna to Everest.
Langtang and Gosainkunda Lake Trek Facts
Starting from: Syabrubesi
Ending at: Sundarijal
Highest access of the trek: Lurebina La (4612m).
Culture: Buddhism, mixed Hinduism,
Himalayan sights: Langtang Range, Jugal himal etc…
Mode of trekking: Camping trek or lodge.
Most attraction of the trek: Trek to one of the world's most beautiful valleys, see different ethnic groups, villages and sacred places etc…
Normal departure: March-May, September-December
Day Stage Program/Memo
1 Arrive Kathmandu, meet our representative and transfer to hotel.
2 1 Drive to Syabru Besi (4,658ft / 1,420m).
3 2 Trek to Lama Hotel (7,808ft / 2,380m) 6 hours walking.
4 3 Trek to Langtang (11,482ft /3,500m) 6 hours.
5 4 Trek to Kyangjin Gonpa (12,467ft /3,800m) 3 hours.
6 5 Rest day and local exploration. Day hike to Chergo Ri.
7 6 Trek to Lama Hotel (7,808ft / 2380m) 6 hours.
8 7 Trek to Thulo Syabru (6,889ft / 2,100m) 6 hours.
9 8 Trek to Sing Gompa (10,663ft / 3,250m) 5 hours.
10 9 Trek to Gosainkung Lake (14,369ft / 4,380m)
11 10 Trek to Ghopte Cave (11,253ft / 3,430m) 6 hours.
12 11 Trek to Malamchi Gaun (8,399ft / 2,560) 6 hours.
13 12 Trek to Tarke Gyang (8,365ft / 2,550m) 5 hours.
14 13 Trek to Sermathang (8,495ft / 2,590m) 5 hours.
15 14 Trek to Tarangmarang (3,150ft / 960m) 6 hours.
16 15 Trek to Chisopani (7,545ft / 2300m) 6 hours.
17 16 Trek to Sundrijal, transfer to Kathmandu (4,429ft / 1,350m) 3½ hours walking.
18 At leisure in Kathmandu.
19 Transfer to airport for final departure
• 3 Nights standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing bed and breakfast basis,
• Overland transportation: Kathmandu/Shyaburbenshi, Sundarijal/Kathmandu,
• All food and accommodations for member and staffs throughout the trekking period as per itinerary,
• Complete camping equipments: member tent, staff tent, chair table, mattress, toilet tent, dining tent, mess tent with logistical cooking utensils,
• Daily wages, insurance, shelter, cloth of sardar (Nepalese guide), sherpa staffs, cook, cook helper and porters,
• Airport-hotel-airport transfers,
• National park permit,
• 15 kg weight allowed per member for personal equipment,
• First Aid Medical Kit (only for staff & porter),
• Emergency helicopter rescue arrangements,
• International flight ticket to/from Nepal,
• Expenses of personal nature & gratitude i.e. laundry, bar bills, telephone calls, drinks and other personal communication bills, breakfast, lunch and dinner in Kathmandu,
• Personal insurance, and emergency rescue evacuation,
• Personal clothing,
• Airport tax (international departure),
• Respective expenses if one returns earlier from the trip due to sickness or emergency purpose.
Fields marked with * are required