Duration : 32 days
Difficulty Level : Streneous
Putha Hiunchuli is the westernmost peak of the Dhaulagiri long range to the west of Annapurna South of Ganesh Himal standing on the serene. Putha Hiunchuli is the last 7000m marking the end of the snow-capped range and also sometimes referred to as Dhaulagiri VI. Jimmy Roberts, a legendary explorer, climber and most possibly the father of modern-day trekking in Nepal, first climbed Putha Hiunchuli on 11th November, 1954 also a Nepali Sherpa Ang Nyima Sherpa reached to the summit on the same day.
This is a rarely climbed peak with two distinct faces: a steep, technical ridge climb pioneered by the Japanese in the early 70s and a much easier snow climb up the northern flanks where the average angle does not exceed 35 degrees. We climbed this peak ourselves successfully twice on the same season in 1978 and few times later. Not many expedition team come to climb this peak, though it is one of the most magnificent, therefore we have the full chance to explore ourselves and avoid the crowds. The Base Camp is situated at an altitude of 4575m and from there we set up 3 camps (Camp I- 533m, Camp II-5940m, Camp III- 6475m) before attempting the summit.
We first climbed Putha Hiunchuli ourselves in 1978, and being ourselves well knowledgeable about the expedition we are committed to provide professional service to make the expedition a success.
Putha Hiunchuli Climb Full expedition service includes:
• 4 nights standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast basis,
• Airport-hotel-airport transfers,
• Internal flight tickets with airport tax,
• Putha Hiunchuli Climbing and all other applicable permits,
• Cargo clearance & duties fees,
• 3 member : 1 Professional High altitude climbing Sherpa backed Base Camp cook & kitchen helpers,
• 1 Government liaison officer,
• Daily wages, equipment allowance, insurance, food for above mentioned staff, porters and Liaison officer,
• 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch & dinner) throughout the expedition period at Base camp & while approach to/from Base camp,
• Base camp tent with thick mattress, chair, table, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent,
• 31 kg weight allowed per member for personal equipment,
• Transportation of all food supply & expedition equipments to / from Base camp,
• Garbage shipped off charges from Base Camp,
• High altitude (above Base camp) food, fuel for member & climbing Sherpas,
• High altitude tent, ropes, snow bar, rock piton, fixings, shovel, ice-screws etc…
• 1 Gamow bag / O2 for emergency use only,
• Satellite phone, Walkie-Talkies,
• Solar panel for power supply,
• Emergency Helicopter rescue arrangements,
• Travel to /from Nepal,
• Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu, drinks, postage, telephone bills & all items of personal nature,
• Personal travel, high risk, accidental and medical insurance of member,
• Climbing Sherpa summit bonus US$ 490 per Sherpa, US$ 280 per person (those who do not go to summit due to client reason),
• Respective expenses if one returns earlier from the expedition due to sickness or emergency purpose.
• Any extra services not mentioned herein cost inclusion
Fields marked with * are required